Welcome to National Authority for the Chemical Weapons Convention
Welcome to web site of the National Authority for Implementation of the Chemical Weapons Conventions in Sri Lanka (NACWC), under the State Ministry of Difence. NACWC provides a quality and efficient services to its clients mainly for industrialists and chemical importers/exporters. You can browse through the website periodically to know about our future plans, online applications for import/export chemicals, valuable information to enhance chemical security, safety and health factor in your premises and useful web links related to chemical weapons convention. For now, I invite you to our website for an interesting and educative journey.
News & Events
- Nitric acid blast in Bangladesh ( 05/06/2022) 2022-09-02
- Crane drops cylinder of chlorine gas at Jordan port killing 12, injuring 251 2022-09-02
- Online course on Assistance and Protection in Deterrence and Prevention on the use of Chemical Weapons & Toxic Industrial Chemicals from a Law Enforcement point of view Part 1. 2022-02-02
- Oil tanker fire in Sri Lanka’s rich waters highlights need for preparedness 2021-10-17
- Fire at INSEE Ecocycle Lanka (Pvt) 2021-10-17
Successfully conducted lecture session for basic course on CBRN response at SL ARMY Engineers Regiment
A lecture session was conducted by NACWC Staff for basic course on CBRN response, conducted by 14 CBRN Response Regiment – Mattegoda on 31 st January 2023. 07 Officers and 43 other rankers were participated for the training program. Subsequently, Chemical Detection Equipment available at Engineers regiment including Chemical Agent Monitor (CAM) was inspected by NACWC Staff.
Rear Admiral Ravi Ranasinghe appointed as the Director of National Authority for Implementation of the Chemical Weapons Convention
The President of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka and Commander - in - Chief of the Armed Forces Hon. Ranil Wickremesinghe has appointed Director General Engineering SL Navy, Rear Admiral Ravi Ranasinghe as the Director of National Authority for Implementation of the Chemical Weapons Convention (NACWC) with effect from 27th January 2023. He assumed duties and the Office of the Director of NACWC at Suhurupaya, Battaramulla on 27th January 2023 with the presence of former Director of NACWC, Mr Jayantha Edirisinghe and staff. Subsequently, an introductory session and ongoing tasks was briefed to the newly appointed Director by NACWC Staff.
Workshop on “Emerging Chemical Threats for National Security” is scheduled to be held on 24th March 2022.
With the industrial development during the past decade, Sri Lanka is experiencing chemical disasters which can be observed more frequently than early days. Such events include fires, explosions, leaka...
Course on Explosion Protection and Safety Management in the Chemical Process Industries; Wuppertal Online Event 05 September 2022 - 07 October 2022
The Federal Government of Germany, the University of Wuppertal, and the Technical Secretariat (hereinafter “the Secretariat”) of the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) wis...
Online course on Assistance and Protection in Deterrence and Prevention on the use of Chemical Weapons & Toxic Industrial Chemicals from a Law Enforcement point of view Part 1.
- This on-line workshop is a capacity-building initiative within the framework of Article X of the Chemical Weapons Convention to support the OPCW Member States to strengthen participants ' capacity w...
- The aim of the workshop is to promote the use of chemistry related to the Convention and to enhance national capacities in regional development. The specific objectives of the workshop are to: (a) t...